Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tre Magnifique!

It's over.

well, not exactly fully over.

I've finally finished my music theory exam...And it's not just a border-line passing score. It's a score just 3 more marks to the merit grade.
I've got a 77%...HAHAHAHA. In your face, ABRSM. In your face, my beloved music teacher.
I've passed, but NOoooOO~ You clearly showed you had no faith in me; the girl who believes in last-minute studying with the least effort put in as possible. Now look at me! Haha!

Frankly, I didn't really believe that I would get anything above 70. ( The passing mark is 66%, 80% is the merit and >90% is the distinction mark) After all, I already failed this Grade 8 test the last time..but come to think of it, why do we need to have a grading system for music? Okay, so it's more organized and civilised. Let's have an example of a scenario where I have two friends here named X & Y. X has a diploma in music. Y doesn't. Does that truly make X better than Y in music? Well, music had many divisions. I wish they teach vocals though. I'd ace it.hahaha...

Well, back to practising my piano. I've still got my Grade 7 practical music exam coming up soon...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,am taking my grade 7 practical exam this year too.And it really sucks :( Congratulations!

samantha

Sparks said...

Thanks for the wishes!

Which pieces are you playing?

Anonymous said...

xxx




http://scribe10.blogspot.com/2006/03/as-ive-matured-ive-learned.html



http://sachatamiagroup.blogsome.com/2006/02/19/list-of-racial-discriminations-in-malaysia



http://arahkita.blogspot.com/2006/04/perjuangan-bangsa-tanah-melayu.html




xxx

Chittz said...

wow..! grade 7! I only got upto grade 4.. then I got fed up with the entire misic thing... at the moment I'm running on a 'silence rox' swing... :D congrats on the 77%! and all the best for the pracs! :D

Sparks said...

Thanks for the wishes, Amie!

Your blog's cool.