Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Change of view

Life is sweet. I know it sounds cruel, but I'm happy that most of my fellow course mates came as loners for the March intake. I have this special knack of making friends with these loners, as I was ( & still is sometimes) one of them. I believe in Karma, do unto others what you want done unto you. Unfortunately, I got shunned as the social outcast for many years in primary school, so I feel this kind of responsibility to make sure no one feels like the social outcast...so that no one will turn out like me, the one that was hurt before..well, at least I'm not as alone now as I was in A-levels. Here, I get to meet the international students from India, Dubai, Pakistan that I befriended in early January. And also a church boy who cracks jokes all the time, causing me to hyperventilate & get a mini-heart attack..hahaha. It's so fun being around these people, they never fail to make me laugh.

Oh, have I forgot to mention that I dropped out of A-levels & now doing foundation in ARTS?

The best part about it is that my classes are all at the main block. Which means I don't need to ride on the freaking lift. I've got this fear that the lift will keep going down & down to the center of the earth, stuck in an oven..brr~But anyway, I've only got 3 days of college per week! How cool is that, that a lazy bum like me can bum even more at home..hahaha! Oh yeah, I didn't like A-levels cuz it didn't allow me to be a lazy bum that I am..though I'll miss Literature in english..O how I miss you Miss Caro; my first lesson in intermediate english was about vocabulary. How unchallenging...well, I guess it's fair since most of my classmates come from Chinese-ed. schools. Did I mention that I get permanent classmates from now on? LOVELY!! The second lesson was study skills; with the oh-so-handsome-&-metro-the-guy-that-every-girl-was-gushing-about Mr.Daniel. He asked us what is needed for success. I told him exploitation. Why? (well, in SPM I took advantage of the edu. system by spotting questions..hah! serves them right for making the 'A' so important...oh, taking advantage) Oh, sorry sir..It's carpe diem..seize the moment.

"I aspire to be a failure. If I do become a failure, I'm successful. Even if I don't, I'm still successful."

-From some comic I read in Myc magazine-

2 comments:

nakedwriter said...

Not Elit!??

Why, when Shelley and Keats and Blake; why, when Browning, Rosetti and Pope; why, when Atwood, Plath and Hughes...

WHY LEAVE ELIT AND MS CAROL!

oh, Prometheus who bestow upon us the minds of the gods to seek and recite poetry, save this soul from torment of having abandon the wonderous realm of Literature.

:D JOKE. Hope you're having fun.

*hug*

Sparks said...

I'm gonna cry...oh how I miss literature & miss Carol. She was one of the best I'll ever get..I'll make up for it by venturing into the arts & theater..one step at a time..

Guess what, 2 other classmates from my Literature class followed suit & switched to foundation in Arts. Kita semua ni macam lalang..