Thursday, March 29, 2007

The little device of doom


I still remember the time I worshipped the hand phone. How I begged ( & bugged) my parents every single day to get me one. It's funny how I believed that once I get it, my social life would improve on the spot.
Yes, sure it has improved my social life; winning some friends, dates, ons(!) & enemies. Oh, the diversity of the new ppl I meet is so refreshing, & shopping trips with my friends are so much more easier to organize. No more need to sneak around borrowing my parents' phones or using the public phones..hahaha.
The phone has actually brought me more pain than joy. Alright, alright....so a recent bad event had a huge impact on me. Big shit. I'm learning to deal with it all...soon, I can boast about having experienced every single thing a youth of the 21st-century should have...well, it's nothing to be proud of really. I've been more thick-skinned these days...less dependent or obsessive. Just chilling with life...back to depression. The norm. A "happy michelle" just doesn't sound right.

1 comment:

ikanbilis said...

technology is utterly depressing when you desire but couldn't afford to get one independently.