Saturday, December 30, 2006

Of highways and buses

I think I'm going crazy learning all the weird roads and routes in Petaling Jaya. SS21 in Damansara? I thought there's another SS21 in Subang Jaya? What's with the LDP? Where's the way to escape the crazy toll rates that Mr.Samy never seems to get tired of raising? What! Did I take the wrong way? ARGHHHHH! NO! I don't feel like taking a driving license in this crazy city.

So I'll take the public transport like what Mr.Samy himself advised to the public. This one at least was a bit less confusing. What's the difference between bus 636 and 634?Why are the bus rates so high?? In the end, I found the bus I'll probably be taking for the next 5 years on. T82. Huh. This was even worse that Chemistry. Which I'm not taking in A-level, thank goodness. Oh yeah, I've just registered at HELP and found out there's a 3 day orientation, and that there are other Kajang people who just signed in as well. I'm supposed to find that comforting right,exactly the opposite. My mom said I'm crazy and should've joined KDU if I didn't wnat to meet anyone I knew from back home. Sigh...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to write a criticizing post on HELP but feared I will be sued or something. Well, not to scare you, but prepare you, here's a lowdown on that (not all the time) sad place:

1. The administration is very inefficient and profit-driven (neglecting the higher needs of education and character development)

2. You pay you get. So everything becomes a miser(l)y routine there. Money this, money that. Facilities are barely enough. Library is tiny. Books can't be borrowed for long. Computers. bah. Don't let me start.

3. Bus services are hell.

4. They try to cramp too many things in too little time. I really think A-Levels should be 2 years.

But there are the good things too:

1. Teachers are great. Do literature!!! (notable teachers include chemistry)

2. Library books for literature in the back lonely dusty portion is fantastic. I spend 5 hours there sitting between shelves like some weird nerd sifting through dusty books from the Lincoln Library.

3. If you meet the right students, they're really mentally stimulating - like this girl i met from the economics department.

4. It's a stone's throw from MidValley (MPH!!!) and Actors' Studio (BSC).

HAPPY ORIENTATING! -nw

Sparks said...

Yeah, I know the admin is crap. The education officer actually forgot to give me the orientation schedule. I've been there before, the computers are dinosaurs! Bus service? I've taken the worse ones (bus mini) nothing can be worse than that...

I'm going to HELP for LITERATURE! That's the main reason. (though I heard the teacher is on constant PMS) Another personal reason is that my parents initially didn't want me to go there...immature, yea.I still have that unsensible rebellious streak in me. GEEEE~ why do I feel like I've met you before..heeeheee~

Anonymous said...

happy new year, michelle! :)

nakedwriter said...

CONSTANT PMS?

mind you, fellow o-i-met-you-too-before, the art of PMS-ing with eccentric mood swings is a gift of all writers, readers and thinkers. i think she's great. have fun! you'll be seeing a lot of Kenneth Branagh. She adores him, i think.