Thursday, December 28, 2006

The process of adaption.

Well, everything's going fine now...I can finally connect online now that the TM net ppl fixed a line in my new house at DU. So, since I can't make friends that easily now since my secondary school life is over, I had to do a couple of things like:

1. Joined the IACT media workshop to meet other people who were forced like me to make insta-friends. I hate the process, I'd rather build relationships on a long-term process, not forced or under pressure like the above mentioned, in order to prevent yourself from feeling awkward.

2. Explored Damansara Uptown, found a Watson's & Guardian shop there! (Yay!, no need to go to OU for shopping)...but only one cybercafe? Sheesh..

3. Went for the Saint Ignatius Church (SIC) youth Christmas party. Again, networking. But at least this one is a bit less stressful because I'll be seeing them for the next few years. Got to know the big people in church, registered myself for the readers audition...and learned from the big guy himself (Mr.Rich, the 50-something youth leader) that the church will be selecting some active youths to participate in a choir that will perform in (GOSH) Sydney, Brisbane..all expense paid by SIC in July 2008. Well, here's a new goal in my life, gotta be an active youth, lol. Hmmm, the youth here highly contrast to the ones back in Holy Family Church Kajang. Just the opposite, they were...inactive. (Haha, sorry HFC members, but PJ youths are known to be very active.)


Well, to summarise..folks here are way different from those in Kajang. Kajang people were laid back, relaxed, and have a devil-may-care attitude. Here, I got a culture shock! They were more perky (I hate this kind of people, sorry) girls and metro boys (this one I don't mind, heehee). Everyone's just so boisterous, gregarious...huh, I miss the days back in school where we could just lie on the high jump mattress in our class, under the cooling wind blown from the floor fan someone brought from home, listening to the radio loaned from the school office.....Sigh, all my dreams lately have been taking place in my hometown. Homesickness? More like adapting. Which might take a very, very looooong time. Oh yeah, I'm going to HELP to study A-levels...my parents don't really care much of scholarships anymore..Haha.

No comments: