Friday, January 19, 2007

The animal within

Like a snake;
violent when provoked,
yet very patient.
attacks with fury when troubled.
The fixed smile on its face,
the permanent expression;
hides all emotions and feelings it might have;
pain, fear, joy, anger, sadness...
Silently, bemoaning the curse;
detested by all, seeked out with a vengeance.
Silently, and subtly
evades its foes.
Silently, wondering
how long more it can stand being alone.


There is a demon in me. It's not your everyday evil being with long sharp fangs etc. Just imagine Edward Scissorhand crossed with Professor Snape. Gloomy, possessing me, causing me to despise myself, deny any love that is shown to me, lose faith towards everyone, deny forgiveness, making me question my own existence. Well, I guess with angels, come along demons too.

No comments: