Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Ultimate Goal

Every year, I keep saying this to myself, my personal quest to be normal. Normal as in to just be like every other Tom, Dick & Harry. Less psychotic or eccentric. I don't mind standing out, it's just that I really want to decrease the peculiar side in me, to fit in...um, how do I say this? Oh yes, I have this habit of talking to myself, or acting out conversations my way, that should have been, or would be. Maybe if a child did such things, it would be called 'play pretend'..But an eighteen year old? That's one thing to reduce...Another would be thinking too much. Especially of morbid things. Like, what if she died this way, or how would my funeral be? I also need to keep my emotions in check, I cry too much...I really need to be less manic-depressive.

On another note, there is this quirky part; crying no matter how hard I try to stop or prepared beforehand, for an interview of any sort. I believe this stemmed back from my kindergarden days. Well, I was very mischievous (more to devilish) and was often brought in to see the headmistress. From those days onwards, I had a fear of interrogation..haha.

Lastly, I need to rid myself of self-critique. A visiting counselor in my school kept pressing on for an appointment but I kept avoiding her, saying that I'm busy with homework and SPM (Haha, a white lie to save my day) Apparently, she said that it can destruct one's mental strength or...I dunno, I wasn't really paying attention. Oh yeah, that's another thing too.

No comments: