Sunday, June 11, 2006

Another tear shed

I just went to check on the house I'm going to move to in PJ this December,
to see if there was anything needed to be fixed or added.
'Something smells,' I thought to myself, as I opened the gate to the house.
And, lo behold, indeed I was right.
I found a dead cat in the house.
“What a nice present the previous owner gave us,"
Then I thought it over, that he might have wanted a nice place to die.
(The cat gave us a nice present too; a whole colony of flies.)
I looked again, something was not right.
Of course, of course…the sliding door was there alright;
only the glass, where are the panes?
Then I scampered to my room upstairs, oh what horrors could be there?
Nothing much but an old dressing table left behind,
smelling of something I couldn’t bring to mind…
And the colour!
What an eyesore!
A coating of garish blue on the wall
paired with the even more sickening orange tiles on the floor.
The windows are broken. That can be fixed.
The lightings are all missing. That can be replaced.
My hopes of a having my dream room; All erased.
(But I guess I could replan…)

No comments: