Friday, June 23, 2006

Dearest literature

Yippee! I'm got really happy today, despite the fact that a class science trip was canceled at the last minute. The library teacher wanted to sell off the old books that were in the library since the 1960s. Worse, she even predicted that no one would want those books! And that only I would read them. She even mentioned something about recycling those wonderful books. OUCH

So I 'volunteered' (more like beg) to take some of the books back with me. There were so many to choose from; Spyri, Dickens,R.L. Stevenson, Verne, Poe...but no sight of Twain. Oh well, I grabbed 13 books including some plays by Shakespeare and some religious children books. I even got my classmate to take 5 books back.

How could you just discard those masterpieces like that? Now the books are safe with me. I even told the teacher that if no one bought the books, let me have them all! I'll return her a favour by beating the record of the number of books read in the state which is 75. Sounds too easy..

4 comments:

nakedwriter said...

*squeals*

GIVE ME SOME!!! I will BUY! I WILL BUY!!

Note: My HighSchool friends will kill me for dealing with a Convent Debate Team member. But what the heck! lol

GIVE ME SOME! GIVE ME SOME!

Sparks said...

Be specific lah.
Who's books do you want?

I'm always glad to help out another avid reader :D

nakedwriter said...

Any bloody classic written by some dead Elizabethan/Victorian/Romantic/ Baroquian/Bohemian/Renaissancian/ Tudorian/ Greek/Roman/even those Chinese Ching Ming Sung Han Yuan Shang people!!!!

:D

No chickflicks, no romance, no sci-fi, no horror.

And pleaaaaaaaaaaase don't give me some SHORTEN CUT UP BUTCHERED TO MAKE THE AUTHOR ROLE IN HIS/HER GRAVE BEFORE SCREAMING NO I WILL HAUNT YOU ABRIDGED VERSION OF SOME NOVEL

Told you i wasn't demanding :)

Sparks said...

Heeheee..sure! Be glad to.
But how do I pass it to you?