Thursday, June 22, 2006

STPM, here I come!!

Just a few days back, I had a shouting match with my mom on what I'm going to do after SPM. (refer to blog post before this)

The next day, I went to school and talked to friends about it because if I want to make a decision, I need to talk to someone and they just have to put up with it without answering back. That way, I can get my own answer. It just comes out like that!

Here's the conversation that went on at school yesterday.

Michelle: Hey Tilly, I don't really know what to do after SPM.
Tilly: I thought you wanted to be a speech therapist.
Michelle: Lack of funds, remember? The only way I can do it is to take on matriculation or
STPM.
Tilly: I'm trying out for matrics' too. My cousin said STPM is way too hard.
Michelle: Yeah, I know. But to think of it logically for my case, I'm moving to somewhere new, no
friends there. I have to start afresh. It may seem sensible to start out at Form 6.
Tilly: Ya-loh.
Michelle: Hey, I just remembered! Aren't the science subjects taught in English?
Tilly: Now only you know ah?
Michelle: HAHAHA! Now I have no more doubts any more! I'm going to sit for STPM and enjoy
my 2 years of extended schooling in PJ...which..also means..two more years of
ironing..school uniforms..
Tilly: Congratulations.

No comments: