Sunday, October 08, 2006

Goodbye for good?

This was harder than I thought.

I'm giving away a chunk of my childhood a girl I met across the street. Literally.

Well, she needs it more than I do. Her house was void of anything fun a child should have. Well, except books.

Toys played a huge role in my life. Dolls in paticular. I guess those were what kept the girlishness in me. I was still playing with them when most of my friends graduated to MTV and the world of music. Sadly, they were my only companions when I was feeling depressed in the past. I led a lonely and sad (privalaged) childhood. My parents were out at work most of the time. I couldn't confide in my brothers... It was a lil' awkward for me to do that..So what I did was play. And play. And play.

I loved my toys. I could just tell them everything, and they'll just 'listen', show me that permanant smile of theirs' and that's it. After all, isn't that what psycologists do? Listen, but don't offer any advise. Hah. But later, (Of course) I had to stop, I was halfway in the MTV world. What would my schoolmates say about me? "The girl who wouldn't grow up"

1 comment:

nakedwriter said...

I think to "talk" to toys is anytime more adult and sane than idolizing strangers singing on tv in expensive market-driven apparels and hairstyles that are just so impractical that you can't rest your head in a car.

MTV? pffffftttt... it's for people without the ability to emotionally interest themselves.