Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Heartbroken

Looking through the papers this morning, I spotted my friend's face among those who have received the SASA scholarship award from HELP. Hell, I didn't even know there was a scholarship offered for outstanding students. I went to the website out of curiosity (and jealousy) & found out that only schools which were selected by HELP are eligible to send their students to apply for the SASA. Which means that my school was left out by them. How sad...

Not giving up hope, I went through the page on 'qualifications' to apply for a full/partial scholarship. Well, there's no way on earth I can qualify for a full' but the minimum As (1As, mind you) to get RM 8000 was 8. Loans were offered, but that's not what I was looking for. Then there was this scholarship offered based on your trials results which required (my heart skipped a beat) 9 1As. Damn it, I only got 6 1As and 2 2As for my trials. I really want to get a scholarship from HELP, yes maybe others need it more than I do. Financial issues do not pose a problem for me, I see the scholarship as a sort of trophy for all the shit years you put up in school. But then again, who am I kidding?

I am definitely, by no means an OUTSTANDING student. Nor am I someone with exemplary leadership qualities; instead I can be a good team player, or work well as a loner. I am good in my own way, lazy, but once pressured I will promise excellent results. Maybe I should try another place like INTI (they have a scholarship which I am eligible for) but I really want to go into HELP because of factors like its nearby distance to my new house, its conducive environment & its helpful lecturers. So please don't label me as a fussy or a selfish, ungrateful girl...I just can't help it.

Something tells me that I should try something out of the mainly academic genre.( which I... & my parents are so obsessed of currently) Come to think of it, I still don't know what to do after SPM. Well, my current plan is to study A-level, but what's next? Do I pursue my dreams, needs, hobbies or what I'm good at? Sigh, something tells me that I should just stop blogging and get back to studying, which I hardly do.

3 comments:

ikanbilis said...

i'm on the same boat as well, but its just that i didn't quite excel like you. at least you got 8As, while I failed 6. sigh..

Sparks said...

Like you said in your profile; You're a bumi, and whether you like it or not, there is surely a way to help you out.

HELP is too high class for me...probably trying out at KDU. Plus, it's only one street away from my new house. Check out today's (17 nov) NST on page 22.
Might help you a bit.

ikanbilis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.