Saturday, April 23, 2005

Debate-thing!

Yeah,I've got nothing better to do than follow a bunch of High-school students on their bus again..the last time was during the Scrabble competition.This time round it was for a debate course held by the international English Debate club in Malaysia at HELP institute.It wasn't boring,in fact I loved it! THe launching ceremony opened up with a debate between the HELP institute & some Islamic Uni students on the motion: This house believes that goverment should imply on the selling of blood.The opposition was good(HELP),but the other team won anyway.Cause? Lack of good points.

For the 67 schools,there were 3 rounds (knockout system) and the grand prize was 5000$,for the best speaker 500$.Convent was offered a place in this,but they declined the offer..so High-school got it laa..But suprisingly,High school was very good.But Anyway,an ex-convent was there..so...but they were really good until the judge invited them to join the international debating club.Convent wouldn't stand a chance!

The topic was whether developed countries should pay the third word countries for enviromental causes..The other school was quite good..but competing against naturals? They don't have a damn chance! I really enjoy watching debates,noting that my charisma level is quite low..especially in front of a crowd.

But the good thing is I found the time to be with my friends outside the school..It's not often I get around that much,cuz I preety like to do things on my own,y'know what I mean..(efficiant,faster,no embarrasing moments).Sometimes,being alone isn't that good.Like nowadays,I tend to walk back home after getting off the KL bound bus..All those wolf-whistles..Ugh..I can't take it.Usually those fuckers would ask me to come to them or something like that,staring ..y'know.God help me to pass my motorbike driving license..then I don't have to takethat fuckin' bus back home again..

I did meet more friends and old friends that day..my friends are beginning to accept the fact that I talk to boys..though one of the teachers gave a very dissaproving look.Heck,one of them even call me short..

No comments: